LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPY
Laser Periodontal Therapy™ is a laser-based approach to gum disease using an Nd:YAG free running pulsed laser requiring specific knowledge and skills drawn from the whole dentistry. To you the patients this means: less pain, less bleeding, less swelling, less tissue removed, less down time, and less recovery time which is decidedly less costly to you and your employer. The reasons we use Laser Periodontal Therapy™ are to: remove only the diseased tissue without removing any of the healthy tissue, maintain the height of the tissue around teeth, minimize pain and discomfort to the patient, get a closure of the periodontal pocket wound and allow healing to take place. Controlling periodontal disease makes it possible to save and restore otherwise hopeless involved teeth.
- Perio probe indicates excessive pocket depth.
- Laser light removes bacteria and diseased tissue.
- Ultrasonic scaler and special hand instruments are used to remove root surface tarter.
- Laser finishes cleaning pocket and aids in sealing the pocket closed so new germs cannot enter.
- Healing of gums to clean root surface occurs.
- Bite trauma is adjusted.
- Healing occurs.
LANAP VIDEO EDUCATION